Californian Refugee

Monday, January 16, 2006

Why I'm Jacked Up


Ok here's the scoop. I have this friend, to maintain his anonymity we'll call him Bob. Bob got me hooked on this show called 24 and now life is no longer the same for me. I guess you could say I'm pretty Jacked up. In fact because of 24 I have these regular delusions that I'm some kind of Counter Terrorist/Special Ops guy. As humorous as that may be to those reading, I think I'm starting to believe it. I mean even when I get in my car and drive I hear music in my head that makes me feel like a special agent. I don't know I think I need some help. Even as we speak I am counting down the minutes until the second part of the premiere begins. I can here the countdown in my head and my pulse is beginning to race. For those of you who have no idea what 24 is I will spare you the explanation. Trust me, your probably better off. After all if it has the same effect on you as it's had on me were all going to be running around with our kevlar vests and sunglasses. OOOh! Hey, gotta go Bob's coming over and the show is about to begin. 6:46... 6:47... 6:48 ...

15 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Heth said…

    I've met Bob. I think that he hears music in his head too......

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Natalie Joy said…

    I do like 24. I'm just not completely addicted like you.
    Love you, Babe.

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Rev60 said…

    See that's the problem. You don't kinda like a show like 24. It's about total commitment. Notice that Jack never kinda saves the day. He's all in.

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    I always see 24 on the Mediacom TV guide, and I have yet to see it. You've built my curious nature up enough to watch it next time it's on! Good work!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Rev60 said…

    Ooooh. Look out once you get in it's hard to get out. Let me know what you think.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I've met this Bob fellow too...

    What time? What channel? I seriously can't remember the last time I watched a t.v. show. I'm curious. I remember when Mrs. Bob got me to watching American Idol. After my fav. singer got knocked out of the competition I quit watching. That was a year ago I think...it's been that long.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Unless Bob isn't who I think he is...

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Rev60 said…

    I heard Bob might be known as something else. Mmmm something like NTG.

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    I wish I could get into it. I'll have to see if I can convince Matt. He doesn't watch much TV at all. Just movies and maybe Fox News.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep! Met Bob! Punch him in the arm for me next time you see him, k? lol :)

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger iridium said…

    Hey! No punching.

    24 or the Duece-Four as it is known amongst professionals, is an exquisite television programme.

    Actually, the Duece-Four is a unit in Iraq that I read about regularly here.

    Definitely check out the archives.

    I actually have a blog in draft mode that I was gonna post leading up to the premier. I never got back to it. It was entitled "Chuh coo, Chuh kee, Chuh coo, Chuh kee"

    I'm a dork.

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't get it, Nate. Maybe that's because I don't watch the show...

    Please explain?

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger iridium said…

    Nope.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Rev60 said…

    Aaah yes Chuh coo, Chuh kee, Chuh coo, Chuh kee, that sound gets my pulse racing.

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Tina said…

    you guys are completely neurotic. I'm convinced that your lives are extreme. You are either completely in or completely out. No middle road. You crack me up! I'm not letting tommyboy watch this show... no way...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home