Californian Refugee

Friday, January 27, 2006

QUARANTINED!


Well it's official. It seems that I have that thing they call "The Kissing Disease". Here I thought I was just real tired and bored, but it looks like Mono has struck. So here I am stuck at home, can't kiss my wife, can't kiss my kids, and nobody wants to be around me.

Maybe I'll take this time to get reacquainted with Days Of Our Lives. Once in college I went through a bad slump and found myself addicted to this stupid show. The thing is even though its been years since I watched it I know I could flip it on today and it would pick up where I left off. Soap opera story lines never move. In fact they really were the ones who pioneered the idea of 24. They make 24 hours drag on longer than any other show on television.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know that I will be hunkered down in my cave for a week or so. If you are one of the fortunate people to have had this lame sickness give a shout out and let me know. I guess in between my long naps I will spend my time trying to master The Red Square Challenge (thanks to Beefy) and reading this cool book I just got called "Walk On, The Spiritual Journey of U2". I love those guys. Well that's it for today, "like sands through the hour glass so are the days of our lives."

7 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, so sorry to hear you have mono, Bill. I was kinda in the same boat. Just thought I had a bad sore throat, but sure enough it was mono. So it sounds like hopefully you have a more mild case. Mine hit me my senior year of highschool, at the end of the year during graduation. I ran around infected at least a good week before I finally got tested. Yikes, I remember going to all these high school graduations and sharing sodas with my friends, drinking out of each others' cans. Thank goodness my friends didn't get it.

    I hope you have a strong, fast recovery Bill!!!

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger hannahjoy said…

    Bummer... I like the quarantine picture... you know, you should check out the soap "Passions" if you're gonna watch a soap, it is by far the most ridiculous one I have ever seen. Me and my daddy get a kick out of it...

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Rev60 said…

    Yeah its either get hooked again on soaps or get bored to death watching movies on WE. I'll tell you what basic cable is really appropriately named because there is basically jack squat to watch. Good thing the book I'm reading is excellent. Don't think I can take another rerun of 9 to 5 or Desperately Seeking Susan.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Natalie Joy said…

    Sorry it has been so long since we have kissed. With my wisdom teeth and now this mono thing, I don't think we are going to get to kiss the whole month of Jan. I love you, get better.

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Rev60 said…

    That's alright sweetheart I'll catch up in February. Just make sure you've got your chapstick handy.

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Tina said…

    ew

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    Oh, this is funny. In all the times Matt's been sick, at least he hasn't had mono! That would be bad news. I hope you feel better so you can kiss your wife soon. How weird to say that for an entire month of your marriage, you didn't kiss your wife.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home