Californian Refugee

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Death To Hobo Husband


Well I'm starting to come around and feel more like myself these days. Natalie wanted me to only work half days this week, but I've been finding it hard to pull myself away that early. Once the prednisone wears off though I start to feel the let down, so I'm going to try to pace myself and get home earlier.

The reason I'm posting this is because on Natalie's blog she had mentioned a couple conversations she had with the kids recently. It's amazing what kind of gems come out of their tiny mouths. It was because of a conversation I had with Rob on Monday morning that I decided it was time for me to get up and start living again. I have had very little contact with the kids over the last week due to the Mono and so I hadn't been involved too much with their daily routine.

Monday I was feeling better, but I promised Natalie I wouldn't go into work but instead would rest another day. Well I decided to help out with getting the kids dressed and ready for the day. I myself had been wearing the same pajama bottoms, hadn't shaved for a week and it had been a few days since I had hit the shower as well. Pretty much I had morphed into Hobo Husband. Well anyway I sit down on the bed to help Rob get dressed and the following conversation transpires.

Rob: Uhh, Dad I don't think I want you to touch me.

Me: Excuse me, what do you mean you don't want me to touch you. I'm helping you get your clothes on.

Rob: Uhh, Dad I don't want you to help me with my clothes.

Me: Why not?

Rob: Because Dad I don't want you to touch me.

Me: Rob your not going to get Mono.

Rob: I know dad I just don't want you to touch me.

Me: Why not?

Rob: Because Dad I don't want to smell like you.

And there it is. Such compelling words from my four year old. "Dad I don't want to smell like you." That was all I needed to hear. There was only one course of action to take. It was time to kill Hobo Husband. So that's what I did. I got up, shaved, showered, put on clean clothes and went back to work. Thank you Robby for being my inspiration, for pulling me out of this sickness funk.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Heth said…

    HAHAHAHAHA! That kid is GREAT!

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Tina said…

    yeah, but sometimes it feels so good to just be a hobo..... ((((dreams of wearing pjs all day))))

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger leighdrea said…

    That totally sounds like rob! How funny!

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Natalie Joy said…

    Thank God. Someone had to say it and you weren't listening to me.
    Thank you for returning Hunky Husband to my world.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is hilarious!!

    He is such a bright boy!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger iridium said…

    May he rest in peace.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Tina said…

    looks like "death" means no more blogging!

     
  • At 2:24 AM, Blogger hannahjoy said…

    I love robby... he is so intelligent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home