Californian Refugee

Friday, August 18, 2006

30 GOING ON 13

Well it's been a very long time since the blog world has heard anything from me, but today is so special that I can't help but be driven out of my blogging slumber. I must break the silence.

30 years ago on this day a little princess was born into the world. She grew to become a beautiful young woman both inside and out. This princess stole my heart and to this day I can't figure out what I ever did to be as lucky as I am to have her as my wife. She is amazing! I always enjoyed hearing people talk about meeting their spouse for the first time and knowing deep inside that they were going to get married, but I never believed that it would happen that way for me. You may think it's cheesy or corny, but I tell you the truth the moment I set eyes on Natalie I knew I was looking at the one that I would spend the rest of my life with. I love thinking back on the years when we were dating and how incredible it was to fall head over heals in love, but honestly it has only gotten better over time.

There are so many things I could say about my wife, it's hard to know where to start.


She is my best friend, she really is. She makes me laugh, she makes me cry, sometimes she makes me crazy yet, I love to be around her more than anyone else on the face of the earth. She knows the best and the worst about me and she loves me anyway. In fact, I have learned so much about God's unconditional love through the love she has shown to me.



She is an incredible mother. We had a lot of fun together when it was just the two of us, but our lives have never been the same since God blessed us with our two children. I can't imagine what life would be like without Rob and Mel. I look at Rob and think of how incredible it was to see him born. What an amazing work of God. I remember vividly how close I came to losing Natalie and how incredibly thankful I am that the Lord answered my prayers. Now after that experience, when I look at her, I know more than ever before how much she is a gift. When I look at Melanie I see the beauty of her mother shining through her eyes. Already she is a little lady learning to have the same poise and charm that she sees in her mother.

Natalie is a wonderful woman of God. As a pastor I can't begin to tell you how important it is to have a partner in ministry who is supportive and encouraging. If not for my wife I don't know how I would make it through the challenges that accompany ministry. She has a truly compassionate heart, a heart for people. One of the greatest things about being married to Natalie is the opportunity that I have to minister with her, whether it be through song, or teaching, or simply loving on others. Her belief in me has made me the man I am today. She has been by my side every step of the way and she has comforted and encouraged me through many difficult situations. She is an annointed woman of God and many have been touched by her gentle spirit and her genuine love. I could go on and on, but there simply isn't the time or the right words to describe how much she means to me.

Natalie, I love you so much and want you to know how thankful I am for you. On your 30th birthday I hope you realize how much of an impact you have had on so many people already in your lifetime. May you know today and everyday just how much you are loved by your, family, your friends, but most of all by God himself. May He shower you with blessings today.




Happy Birthday Princess!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Heth said…

    Happy Birthday Natalie. Bill got is so right. You are an amazing woman and I'm so glad to call you friend.

    Have an awesome day!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Tina said…

    happy birthday Natalie!
    May your day be blessed!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger hannahjoy said…

    Oh, stop it, Bill! I'm on duty and now my eyes are all watery. I can't blame you though, Natalie is amazing! I love you guys!

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    *tears* How swweeeeeeeet!!! Happy belated Natalie!! What a sweet hubby you have!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home